About me – Jul Ismail :
My name is Setia Juli Irzal Ismail. Just call me Jul or Ismail. I’m a lecture at Telkom University School of Applied Science Bandung Indonesia. I teach Network Security course, Shell Programming and Operating System. My main interest are network security, and malware analysis. I have a basic skill in Digital Forensic and penetration test.
Currently I’m doing research in the field of malware with ID-CERT (Indonesia Computer Emergency Response Team). We were involved in 2014 & 2015 AP-CERT drill test. We developed an Android Malware Scanner (Androscan). I was also active in ACAD CSIRT. It is a community based Indonesia Academic Computer Security Incident Response Team. I am also member of Honeynet chapter Indonesia . I am planning to take a PhD programm this year about malware. Still looking for a Professor that doing research in Malware, and willing to accept me as a PhD student 🙂
I studied at STT Telkom Bandung, ITB (Bandung Institute of Technology) and Rostock Universitaet Germany. Ich habe 5 jahren in Deutschland gelebt. Darum kann ich auch ein bisschen Deutsch sprechen. At 2013, I was involved in Kelas Inspirasi. Kelas Inspirasi is an education movement to inspire Indonesian children at elementary school for achieving their dream. It was first initiated by Mr Anies Baswedan (Indonesia Minister of Education).
I write all the article in Bahasa Indonesia, because in Indonesia we still don’t have much reliable source about Network Security and malware analysis in Bahasa Indonesia. The articles are mostly about network security, malware analysis , lecture material etc . If you have questions just write down your comments, or contact me at twitter @jul_ismail or FB
You can see some of my paper and publications on the following page:
you can find my course material and slide presentation on this web:
- Indonesia Anti Malware Communities- APCERT AGM 2016- Tokyo
Malware Analysis Basic – Indonesia Ministry of Education and Culture – Pustekkom Kemdikbud Bogor Maret 2016
- Introduction to Malware Analysis – Cybercrime and Digital Forensic workshop, Australian Federal Police JCLEC – Semarang, Indonesia; Januari 2016
- Indonesia Malware Research Update – Honeynet Chapter Indonesia – “Peningkatan Tanggap Darurat Honeynet Terhadap Serangan Malware Nasional” IBI Darmajaya Lampung, Indonesia; Juni 2015
- Indonesia Malware Trend – Hacking & Security Trends 2015 – HMIF Unikom; Bandung, Indonesia; Mei 2015
- Introduction to Malware – Studium Generale Telkom University; Bandung Indonesia; April 2015
- Indonesia Malware report – Indonesia Malware Summit – IDCERT; Mei 2015
- Malware Lab Report – IDCERT 7th Annual Meeting; Bandung – Januari 2015
- Malware Trends – IDCERT 6th Annual Meeting; Baros Indonesia – April 2014